Sternhall Times: October
Breast cancer awareness
We invite patients to donate whatever they can afford to spare to help raise money for Breast Cancer Now charity. As a nice touch, everyone can wear pink throughout October.
Every pound raised could help fund a lifesaving research breakthrough. The surgery will be hosting a small fundraiser on Thursday 26th October, there will be some sweet treats for everyone to enjoy. We just ask for a small donation
Black history month
Southwark will be honouring achievements, culture and history of African, Caribbean and diaspora communities. Southwark have worked with a range of individuals and organisations to make sure there a local events available for everyone in the borough. Find out about the events taking place this month across Southwark heritage
British summer time ends
Please be aware that the British summer time ends on Saturday 30th October 2023. This means that the clocks will go back by one hour.
From our pharmacy team
As we approach winter, catching a cold can feel almost impossible to avoid.
Here are some tips to help:
- Wash your hands regularly with warm water and soap
- Use tissues/handkerchiefs when coughing or sneezing to keep germs contaminated
- Dispose of used tissues as soon as possible
- Make sure you’re eating 5 a day! Vitamins are essential for boosting your immune system and fruits and vegetables are a great natural source
- Prioritise your sleep. Getting a good nights sleep is invaluable for your overall health and sticking to the same sleep/ wake time can help regulate your sleep pattern to help you wake up feeling refreshed
- Exercising regularly can reduce stress to boost your immunity
- Vaccine season – we now have flu vaccine appointments available, so please get in touch to get booked in or if you have any queries
October is Domestic violence awareness month. Domestic violence is a problem that can affect a lot of people. If you or someone you know has been affected and would like support, please visit the NHS website
Published: Oct 26, 2023
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.